CLICK HERE FOR INTERESTING FACTS
ABOUT ASHPALT AND CONCRETE
- How long should I stay off my new asphalt driveway?
- Approximately 3 days. You can walk on it immediately, but try to keep automobiles off for 3 days.
- How do i prevent low spots caused by automobiles?
- During the first 6 - 12 months, you should try to stagger your parking. Also, have motorcycle kick stands on a plate or block of wood.
- Can I park a trailer or use a jack on my new driveway?
- If you have to park you trailer or use a jack, use a piece of plywood to help distribute the weight evenly. If not, it may cause unwanted divits and low spots.
- Why do I have cracks on the edges of my drive?
- The weakest part of your asphalt driveway is the edge. If not backfilled properly, the edges are expected to crack.
- Why does my driveway look rocky?
- Asphalt mixes vary from plant to plant and day to day although all the ingredients are the same.
- How often should I seal my driveway?
- We recommend you seal your drive 30 days after installation and again the following year. From this point, it should be once every three years.
- Why should I seal my driveway?
- Seal coat is a protective measure you can do to increase the longevity of your driveway. The average life of an asphalt driveway is 15 years without sealing. With seal coating regularly every 3 years, you can almost double the life of the driveway.